Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
Job Description: Regional SH&E Manager (Telecommute) Job Location: Canada
You’re a natural mentor, and that makes you a natural manager You offer guidance to your team in such a supportive way that your help is gratefully accepted. Your sole aim is to make sure that everyone understands and is comfortable with what is expected, knowing that if one person is bogged down, it will affect the performance of the whole group. You will be greatly valued here.
Parsons is currently seeking an experienced and versatile Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) Manager to support our Canadian Markets. In this role, the SH&E Manager will be responsible for the administration, monitoring, and coordination of safety planning across multiple programs and projects. This position requires a team member who can work with and mentor project team members to foster a cooperative working environment that delivers safe projects.
- Develops and deploys (in collaboration with the executive leadership team) the strategy and management systems for Parsons Inc. SH&E performance excellence.
- Proposes and deploys innovative methods for achieving higher levels of SH&E performance.
- Develops and deploys strategy, management systems, and key performance indicators to assess achievement of performance excellence.
- Coordinates staffing to ensure all line programs in all Markets have access to appropriate, qualified SH&E subject matter experts and management system resources.
- Advises members of the executive leadership team on SH&E leadership initiatives.
- Assists with proposal development and business development on strategic pursuits.
- Investigates and analyzes SH&E programmatic non-conformances and incidents of significance.
- Commissions and leads special projects related to deploying SH&E innovations and earning third-party honors, recognitions, registrations, and certifications.
- Serves as a liaison with other Parsons functional groups and collaborates with the other functional groups to acquire SH&E data and to develop and deploy SH&E best practices.
- Leads the SH&E organization in developing and exercising safety leadership skills and enhancing knowledge and capabilities.
- Oversees Parsons Inc. SH&E policies and procedures and ensures they are maintained and updated in accordance with Parsons’ quality and recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensures workers’ compensation injury management processes are reliable, communicated, and effective.
- Leads SH&E-related due diligence analyses for acquisition targets.
We will appreciate your collaborative management style You’re energized by the idea of leading your team to work together to build their efforts and ideas into even bigger ideas. We applaud your collaborative leadership, which includes your ability to maintain an attitude of respect and responsiveness to the input of others. We greatly value diversity, and you’ll appreciate our supportive, inclusive atmosphere that makes it safe and so rewarding to “think big” by being open to the perspectives of others. Opportunities for advancement are waiting for all.
- CSP or CRSP certification is preferred
- Canadian passport required
- Certificate of Recognition (COR) experience preferred
- 4-year degree in Safety Engineering, Sciences, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related work experience in the field of safety and health
- Ability to interface with stakeholders at all levels
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Joining a supportive organization is the way to go In our organization, it’s “all for one and one for all.” Higher management will have an open door to work with you on any managerial questions or situations. That same spirit of support and solidarity will encourage the people you manage to openly share their questions and ideas with you. We respect, include, and look to promote individuals from diverse backgrounds, appreciative of the skills and perspectives each person contributes. Join an organization that thrives on the positive energy of people working together towards a common goal.
Parsons (NYSE: PSN) is a leading technology firm driving the future of defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure. By combining unique technologies with deep domain expertise across cybersecurity, missile defense, space, connected infrastructure, and smart cities, we’re providing tomorrow’s solutions today. With a history of disruption beginning in 1944, we apply our distinct perspective to help our customers confront the issues of tomorrow in every domain-land, sea, air, space, and cyber. Our range of capabilities and our global network of resources lets us layer and integrate solutions to respond to any challenge with unmatched agility. In a time of rapid change, we see infinite sources of inspiration to fuel our creativity and enable the innovation necessary to accomplish our quest of delivering a better world. For more about Parsons, visit us at parsons.com and follow our quest on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.