Rebate Strategy Analytics Manager
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Rebate Strategy Analytics Manager is a profit-focused position with a keen talent for identifying and nurturing revenue strategies to facilitate corporate growth. This role oversees rebate performance through forecast and trend management solutions; manages various projects within the department to enhance efficiencies regarding processes for rebate reporting, rebate trends, rebate allocations and rebate payments. The position interacts with internal account teams and Trade Relations regarding competitive price offerings along with improved savings. The Rebate Strategy Analytics Manager presents analytical findings regarding opportunities to executive level management to include the President and CFO of the organization. As a subject matter expert, this position trains individuals on accurate analytical techniques and processes.
What You Get To Do:
- Serves as a team lead by providing “dotted line” supervision including training, workflow management and making decisions for work deliverables
- Trains others in the department on analytical techniques to pull data accurately as well as educates the team regarding the competitive landscape of the industry
- Gives input to management on the team’s deliverables and performance.
- Oversees rebate performance through forecast and trend management solutions
- Handles projects to enhance efficiencies regarding processes for rebate reporting, rebate trends, rebate allocations and rebate payments
- Monitors and manages performance for rebate guarantees and provide quarterly summary report for internal use
- Manages policy & procedures of all processes pertaining to rebate submission, rebate guarantee management, rebate allocation and rebate payments
- Creates reports and provides analysis on clients that are performing short of guarantees to include the amount of risk associated with those clients
- Pulls claims to address rebate dollar implications of concessions pertaining to contract interpretations
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing plans and forecasts
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
- Leads efforts to execute recommendations approved by senior management.
- Monitor rebates received from aggregator to validate results and follows up on discrepancies
- Reviews client contracts to properly determine rebate requirements for each client; ensures rebate requirements are coded into rebate database application that is used to determine minimum yield based on rebate guarantees
- Forecasts rebate yields and performance to assist accounting in tracking revenue projections
- Coordinates with rebate aggregator in the allocation of rebates for MedImpact’s business
- Allocates rebate dollars appropriately for each client and coordinates with the accounting department in reporting the amounts of rebates to be paid to each client
- Participates on clients calls regarding rebate amounts earned and addresses any issues
- Keeps up to date with industry changes; initiates attendance at job related training and seminars
Education and/or Experience
- For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with ten (10) plus years’ related experience in the responsibilities listed
- Prior project management required; prior management experience strongly preferred
- Experience should include extensive work with financial and data analytics
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SQL Database software and Microsoft Office Suite software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Project Management Professional certification, not required, but a plus.
Travel – This position may require domestic travel and attendance at local conferences and meetings.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.