NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: React (front-end) developer II
Location: Waterloo, Canada
NCR’s Digital Banking CSP organization is looking for an experienced UI Software Developer to join our team. Digital Banking provides a comprehensive set of cloud-native banking services and applications built on a single common platform accessible anytime, anywhere from any device. UI Software Developers are responsible for working closely with the UI Architect, Product Management, and UI Designers to build world class web banking applications using the latest technologies.
- Work closely with UX/UI Designer and UI Architect to design and develop clean, intuitive and reusable UI architectures and components
- Apply your knowledge on best practices for information architecture, interaction and usability design, performance, component reusability and content strategy and help turn that information into designs, processes and implementations
- Work with UX tools for various stages of development (wireframing and prototyping, user research and testing, analytics and metrics)
- Leverage and contribute to enterprise design patterns, interface guidelines and accessibility compliance standards
- Work with team leads to finalize designs
- Provide guidance to more junior Software Developers on building ReactJS UI applications
- Help to implement UI web applications via hands on ReactJS coding
- Work with our server team to develop RESTFul APIs to help implement or improve UI features as necessary
- Develop and/or modify Automated Unit, Feature and Integration Tests
- Help to implement POC systems/demoes as required for NCR products
- Analyze the implication of changes and enhancements
- Perform code reviews and provide guidance on UI coding best practices
- Provide performance testing inputs, improvement analysis and suggestions
- Work closely with the Sales team to assist with presentations, demos, etc.
- Customer interaction as needed
- Help troubleshoot development and production problems as needed
- Actively participate in various scrum and SAFe ceremonies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Expertise in RESTFul services
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Exceptional understanding of web components
- Experience with CSS and SASS/LESS
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong design and analytic skills
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Independent, self-managed and motivated
- Ability to break down complex problems and provide easy to understand solutions
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Docker builds and deployment
- Experience with Cloud multi-tenant architecture and deployment
- Cloud/SAAS technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Experience working with Scaled Agile such as SAFe
- Experience with GitHub, TestCafe, and Cucumber JS
- Understanding of Web Accessibility and familiarity with WCAG
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.