Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Enterprise Data aims to deliver single point of truth data through governance and consolidation, and provide information and insights via data science, in the service of Ubisoft’s Vision, Strategies and Players.
Reporting to Enterprise Data management team as React developer, you will contribute to the design, development and deployment of an innovative enterprise mobile web application to ease access to all the data at Ubisoft.
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and supporting of online front-end applications;
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, propose alternative options to improve applications and to reduce effort or technical debt;
- Participate in the architecture and design specifications;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Create technical documentation that is quality driven in terms of deliverables;
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields;
- Determine the potential value of new technologies that support business operations and devise strategies that foster best practices and knowledge sharing.
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related training or equivalent experience;
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming;
- Experience in Agile Development approach;
- Continuous Integration/Deployment a plus if you have 1 branch CI/CD experience;
- Unit Testing, TDD and specifically React Snapshot testing;
- Always thinks and acts with clients’, end user satisfaction in mind;
- Problem-solving skills, persevering, autonomous and takes initiative;
- Organization skills, capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- English & French spoken and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.