As a member of the PDU Radio Systems and Technology Canada team, the Radio System Architect will help develop the radio products that will take Ericsson and our customers forward into 5G. The position will help define new radio architectures for existing and future radio products.
We are part of the global Radio Systems and Technology team, and we mainly work with:
- Technical studies within Technology Area System
- Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) architecture
- Technology strategy
- Help define the radio product architecture, including modularity and partitioning, with a product level focus
- Help build a strategic long-term vision addressing current and future needs by crafting architecture roadmaps, anatomies, and development plans
- Participate in product studies, primarily in the early phases
- Identify technology gaps required to build future radio products
- Translate customer needs into product requirements.
- Collaborate with NSV Systems, Cloud RAN, Radio and Baseband HW development, Baseband/RAN Systems and software
- Act as coach and mentor, and actively share knowledge within Ericsson
- Work closely with other Radio Systems teams in the global Ericsson R&D community, located in Sweden and China
To be successful in the role you must have
- Deep knowledge and experience in radio development
- A university degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. degree
- Proficiency in system architecture
- Excellent leadership and collaboration
- Knowledge of radio principles, signal processing, RF design
- Knowledge of wireless ecosystem, 3GPP, and 5G evolution
- highly motivated, a self-starter, and a great teammate
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build networks
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
What’s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: || || ||
Reports to Head of Radio Systems and Technology Ottawa