Quality System Analyst
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Position ID: J0121-2506
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Quality System Analyst with sound knowledge of financial industry
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to write test cases and actively participate in peer reviews
• Detailed test plan design – evaluating test case coverage, making sure it’s sufficient, and making plan modifications as required
• Knowledge of operational readiness testing requirements and planning
• Experience in executing manual test cases and preparing test reports
• Running and maintaining (modifying) UNIX shell scripts
• General knowledge of application management, network and security operations (ie. how to run programs, examine database locations, find and examine output files, compare files, access management, etc.)
• An understanding of the principles of test automation operation (ie. need to know how automation scripts work, how to setup and perform the runs, but it’s not necessary to know how to write the scripts)
• Planning the work required to capture and document procedural knowledge
• Identify need for and produce procedural documentation (part of the knowledge capture process to move from a knowledge based to a documentation based culture)
• Test scheduling and progress reporting, and how to use Quality Centre for these tasks
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• Industry recognized testing certification(s) preferred
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• Software Testing, Quality Assurance
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Flexibility, self-motivated, and has the ability to give and receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team member
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Quality Management (T1)
- SQL/PL SQL
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.