Our Mississauga office is looking for a Quality Assurance Consultant to join our Managed Services team. As part of our fast-paced and growing Managed Service practice, you will be engaged as one of the primary points of contact with multiple customers. This role would allow for a candidate to develop various aspects of their skill sets including: customer engagement & management, expanding their knowledge across multiple technologies, industry & domain expertise, troubleshooting & problem solving, process improvement and service creation & optimization.
As part of this role, you will be responsible to work with the customers to gather requirements, understand & diagnose issues as well as provide periodic updates on behalf of the team. Responsibility also includes gaining expertise in the solution from a customer point of view and keeping up to date test cases for all of the respective solutions. The individual will also collaborate and work with the consultants at BDO to execute on requests or take an incident from initial diagnostics to resolution. Last but not least, as part of this role, we would like the individual to work with the Quality Assurance practice to continue to improve the processes & activities with the Managed Services Team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be point of contact for defined customers where you would be responsible for the intake of requests and / or incidents.
- Gather & confirm the requirements with the customer for change requests
- Work with the customer to reproduce & conduct initial diagnostics of incidents
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track incidents / requests
- Work with other consultants to execute on such requests or as part of resolution of an incident.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Execute on test cases prior to customer review
- Producing of QA reports on the engagements you are assigned to
- Estimate, Plan, coordinate and prioritize the effort for executing on requests including testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Collaborate with the greater delivery team to improve quality assurance practices within the Managed Services practice
- Conduct and provide periodic updates to the assigned customers
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of functionality
- Understanding of the solutions from a customer business point of view
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred
- Knowledge of Software Development Processes
- Knowledge of Software QA methodologies, tools and process
- Proven management ability (e.g. having a Scrum Master or PMP certification) would be an asset
- Experience with writing SQL scripts is an asset
- Experience with Cloud-based technology is an asset
- Experience working with web applications (Angular) is an asset
- Additional technical depth of knowledge (e.g. having experience in software development) is an asset
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- Ability to strategically plan and tackle product development and testing
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Must be self-sufficient and require limited assistance to perform duties
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.