At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst for a 12 months temporary mandate to test and analyze software requirements in order to provide recommendations in the improvement of our systems, workflow and profitability. The complexity can vary throughout the project life cycle.
According to the scope of projects, tests and analysis can cover many platforms that we can thoroughly check the program logic in detail while ensuring to meet the company’s requirements.
Hiring Manager : Claudia Ricotta
Workplace : Anjou (7101 Jean-Talon St. East), Montreal (2020, Blvd. Robert-Bourassa), St-Hyacinthe (2450 Girouard West), Quebec (5700, blvd. des Galeries) or Toronto (700 University av.)
- Analyze and translate organizational requirements, functional and system specifications into test cases;
- Produce testing deliverables such as test strategies, test plans, test estimates in compliance with the standards, processes and procedures of belair;
- Execute test cases with the basis of detecting problems, logging and prioritizing defects, documenting on how to reproduce such anomalies, provide print screens to back up your defects when providing information to IT;
- Ensure a level of quality assurance within each deliverable;
- Work closely with various departments and business analysts to resolve any issue and to determine the root cause of said defects;
- Provide support and technical advice to your project team with regards to the resolution of system problems, including production problems.
- Perform any other duties in connection with the operation of the systems assigned by your manager once the related responsibilities have been defined;
- Maintain regression suites;
- Create reporting of defects according to established requirements and the distribution to the project team;
- Help understand the issues faced in testing and provide suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Previous experience or exposure to our internal applications (BDI, CRM, CPL);
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (French is an asset);
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills;
- Ability to priorities assignments and manage change;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge in damage insurance and underwriting notions (an asset);
- Knowledge of ALM and JIRA (an asset);
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (an asset);
- Availability to work during off hours (night and weekends).
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team :
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work.
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career.
- Flexibility in how and where you work.
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.