Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FST’s are vital to making our Company stronger.
Within Information Technology, Integrated Business Applications, we are looking for a full time Quality Assurance Analyst to collaborate with project teams through the testing and defect management process for changes to our Oracle E-Business Suite and other corporate applications. This position will participate in manual and automated testing with emphasis being placed on automated testing.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Enhancing and maintaining the automation framework.
- Assessing appropriate tools/application/scenarios to automate.
- Creating standards and procedures for others to use the framework and automate their test cases using recommended tools.
- Leading project teams through the Quality Assurance processes as the well as test automation process.
- Responsible for providing calculation of ROI on test automation.
- Coordinating testing processes through various testing phases.
- Consulting business and systems analysts on test plans and test cases.
- Providing project teams test execution and defect status reports.
- Creating test sets and test cases in qTest, our test management tool.
- Executing test cases, analyzing test results and logging defects in Jira.
- Administering and maintaining qTest.
- Other duties, including manual testing, as required.
Your Capabilities – Credentials
- Programming skills with any of Java, C#, Python or similar scripting languages.
- Understanding of CI or continuous integration and use of potential automation tools in CI.
- Knowledge of manual and automated testing methodologies and best practices.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, ideally with a background as a business or systems analyst.
- Proficiency in at least one market leading automation tool like Selenium/Open Script/Fitnesse.
- Good understanding of Financial, HRMS and Project Accounting business processes.
- Understanding of ITIL practices.
- Understanding of databases and querying multiple types of databases is required.
- Prior Experience with Oracle EBS, Tricentis qTest and Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Ability to work in very dynamic environment switching projects and focus on short notice.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and think analytically.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in information systems or related field
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in test automation
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001QL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans