What is the opportunity?
As a QE Automation Developer, you will be accountable for driving quality and champion defect prevention/early defect detection. You will be accountable for maximizing test coverage and using business analysis techniques to optimize testing activities. You will be responsible for developing and executing test plans for ecosystem/program/large projects (might assume planning execution accountability). You will lead the technical test effort and coaching junior resources.
What will you do?
- Manage project test activities and aligning to RBC Quality Engineering practices while partnering across IT and with assigned business lines to plan functional and nonfunctional testing activities
- Develop project/program test plans and strategies with a focus on optimized coverage for assigned programs/projects through the application lifecycle and managing end to end quality project activities
- Responsible for maximizing automation for all project deliverables and for following defined processes and tools and alignment with overall QE strategy and framework
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Promotes collaboration and partnering to develop and meet core project objectives and provides coaching to team members on QE, Agile, DevOps and applicable RBC processes, practices and tools
- Utilize service virtualization tools to enable early testing
What do you need to succeed?
- 4 to 7 years of Quality Engineering experience, with some technical leadership experience in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed or mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Hands on expertise in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools (e.g., Robot Framework, TestNG, SOAPUI, RIT), and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps operations (with tools like Jenkins) and test integration, processes and tools (HP ALM, JIRA, etc.)
- Very good communication skills; ability to focus and prioritize and solve complex technical problems
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related (technical) degree/diploma
- Hands-on programming experience (e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying) and source configuration tools (GIT, SVN, MKS, etc.)
- Experience working with Non-Functional Testing tools (HP LoadRunner, JMeter, HP Fortify, application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 180 Wellington St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/28/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 330816