Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. provides a fully integrated suite of services to support drug substance and drug product development from the IND enabling development stage, through to phase II & III supply, and commercial validation and manufacturing for niche APIs. In addition to a continuing flow of interesting and challenging projects for global pharmaceutical and biotech companies, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. is committed to growing its state-of-the-art organization, with continued investments in its people, modern facilities, equipment, and instrumentation.
The Quality Control – Analytical Chemist Level I is accountable to the Quality Control Supervisor/designate to perform duties whose functions include providing quality control support to GMP Operations through analytical testing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow Environmental, Health and Safety rules/regulations and report any workplace incidents, injuries or accidents immediately.
- Adhere to the policies and guidelines set out in the Eurofins CDMO Alphora Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for compliance with GMP guidelines and ensuring that all GMPs and SOPs are followed.
- Work harmoniously with all fellow employees.
- Provide Quality Control support for cGMP operations with respect to the analytical testing.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analytical Method Transfer
- Troubleshooting of new methods introduced in production as required.
- Quality Control
- Testing of raw materials, in process controls, intermediates and finished products in support of our cGMP manufacturing operations.
- Interpret and report all test results, tabulate data and generate reports as required.
- Responsible to identify OOS results and assist in their investigation.
- Assist in maintaining the lab in a state of compliance by performing calibration checks and performance verifications of laboratory equipment.
- Work in accordance with established cGMP and safety requirements.
- Analytical Method Transfer
- Work neatly to maintain the laboratory in an organized state.
- Participate in general upkeep and maintenance of the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Assist with performing calibration checks and performance verifications on laboratory equipment
Qualifications – Education:
- A B.Sc. degree preferably in Chemistry or Biology, or diploma in related field;
- A solid background and understanding of Chemistry or Biology is mandatory;
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- 1-2 years of academic or work experience in a laboratory environment
- Able to work at a fast and consistent pace without getting distracted
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Other Required Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A good command of English is necessary;
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, while supporting a collaborative, team-based department;
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and able to demonstrate a high level of productivity;
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance record;
- Display a high level of professionalism;
- Willingness to learn with the ability to retain information quickly and apply knowledge to various scenarios.
Working Conditions: This position is based in a laboratory environment; significant time spent standing at a bench or sitting in front of a computer is required. Lifting requirements of up to 30lbs on a regular basis. Extra hours, weekends may be required. The ability to work rotating shifts is a requirement.
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – no phonecalls or emails please! Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.
NO AGENCIES, PHONECALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING!