Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every aspect and all results are entered into Lab Book.
- Execute daily work determined by supervisor in order to maintain efficient work flow to assure completion of scheduled tasks and meet established due dates.
- In case of testing failure, immediately report to the Department Manager before proceeding any further with the test. Assist in the failure investigations as instructed. Do not discard any solutions or glassware that was used during testing.
- Ensure that equipments are maintained in good order, perform calibrations and qualifications as required, volumetric/test solutions and mobile phase preparations are checked.
- Record findings in standardized format, keeping all records and analyst notebook in good order. Prepare reports and record data in timely manner
- Prepare and standardize Test solutions, Standard solutions and Volumetric solutions.
- Assist in the resolution of routine, as well as non-routine technical problems.
- Capable of helping review lab sheets for accuracy before distribution to fellow Analysts for testing.
- Education: B.Sc. Chemistry
- Experience: over 5 to 7 years with demonstrated ability to complete more complex role/duties
- Hand/Eye coordination, ability to stand out, think outside the box.
- Able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time or lead a group of individuals at Client’s site.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Videos To Watch