NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Passionate about testing. You want software to work – and work reliably over time. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and testing skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe test automation is fundamental to the success of software. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier and more fun! In fact, you’re a fun person to be around – you enjoy helping others you grow and develop – making the team successful.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for a Quality Assurance engineer like you.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Help enable new ways for our financial customers to build solutions for their businesses, delivering Omni Channel platforms which allow business transactions to be completed in a dynamic and intelligent fashion.
- Participate in requirements reviews (story design reviews) to ensure testability, always advocating for the customer/user experience.
- Define and write the acceptance criteria for all stories for both the automated integration and end to end tests.
- Implement automation tests to validate the acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate the completed stories to the product owner and sometimes the customer.
- Collaborate with “the team” – working with Product Owners, Software Developers, Scrum Masters and Project Managers to deliver solutions and capabilities that exceed expectations.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who represents the customer and ensures that software enhances the user experience.
- A bit of a perfectionist, but in all the best ways. People trust you to make the right call-quickly and confidently.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with continuous deployment tools & methodology.
- Experience in quality assurance and testing or software development
- Experience testing server, web and mobile applications.
- Experience troubleshooting test system issues
- Experience writing automated test (experience using JUnit/Cucumber a plus).
- A customer first focus to testing – always viewing the product from the customer’s perspective.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to learn existing and new applications quickly, independently, and with moderate supervision. You figure what you need to do and how to do it, then do it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Cloud/SAAS, PaaS development experience
- Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Database technologies including Cassandra and Oracle.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Experience with a scaled agile environment, such as SAFe.
- Working knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.