Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings (ELSB) digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security – enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
In this role, you will oversee product development projects within the global emergency lighting products in Smart Building business, providing clear guidelines, tasks and milestones, while motivating and providing feedback.
Reporting to the Global Technology Manager, you will ensure successful project management delivery of multiple projects on time, within budget, and in line with specifications, quality requirements and safety guidelines.
- Plan and organize various development projects for product platforms.
- Develop schedules in conjunction with the different members involved in the projects, follow up on the schedule and budget related to the projects under his responsibility.
- Organize and lead the project review meetings.
- Document and follow the action lists and risks related to the project.
- Communicate the status of the project, including the risks, impacts and proposed solutions.
- Document and submit progress reports according to the ABB Gate process.
- Participate in design review meetings and provide support to the architects responsible for development.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- 5-8 years of experience in product development, working as project lead with multidisciplinary products.
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes.
- Experience in product development methodologies. (waterfall, v model, Agile, etc.)
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Knowledge of emergency lighting or smart building product is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of English and French (spoken and written)
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.