ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Controls Cost & Schedule Analyst will be responsible for supporting the project managers with the cost & schedule performance relating to all project and outage work at Power Generation Region. Developing and maintaining weekly cost reports and schedules. Be proficient in cost management, productivity reporting and Primavera P6. Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of reports that are to be distributed to all management, PM as well as the client in some cases. This position requires a lot of flexibility due to the changing needs of the internal and external customers. Working with the finance, project management and estimating departments will be mandatory as cost and schedule are closely linked to them within the Power Generation Region structure.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setup WBS for large and small projects within the Power Generation Region model with project team.
- Setup and maintain Oncore templates for project and outage work
- Reconcile labour and non-labour at a Job level to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Provide the Project Managers with CPI and production rates as required.
- Support Project managers and Project Controls Manager as required.
- Work with Finance and manage all aspects of the weekly accruals
- Report Monthly on projected gross margin at completion of project work, assist with divisional projections.
- Forecasting of project work for cost overruns.
- Use earned value to calculate CPI and forecast labour cost on all projects.
- Compile list of deliverables and key milestones
- Setup and maintain Change Management in Oncore and JDE systems
- Work with Project Management team in development projects internal controls processes and procedures
- Track and evaluate cost and schedule trends and variances and adjust forecasts as required
- Conduct analysis and prepare progress reports on cost, and schedule
- Proposal Schedule development
- Consult with supervisor to schedule work sites in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Secure progress information from Project Mangers/Engineers & Tier One Subcontractors
- Develop and baseline resource and cost loaded project schedules and associated resource forecasts;
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Designation or related
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of project controls experience on EPC projects
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience on projects with medium risk and complexity
- Proven understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes
- Experience in cost and schedule development and monitoring practices and procedures
- Experience in relevant project controls software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Proficient in JDE
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs mainly excel
- Proficient in Primavera P6
- Security clearance requirements
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.