Canada – Ontario, Mississauga
AECOM is seeking a Project Controls Analyst to be based in Mississauga, ON.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune ‘s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record ‘s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
DCSA-Program Management and Construction Management
As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients’ interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.
- Conduct review sessions on project status with project management and/or client and highlight adverse schedule and cost variances for corrective actions
- Lead in the development of all reports set forth in the client business requirements as well as indicated in the corporate reporting procedures
- Review, approve and submit Trend logs to the Client
- Review forecast hours at completion by discipline.
- Review weekly coordination of data. (Cost/Schedule/Trends/Progress)
- Ensure that all Project Controls activities are in accordance with set Project Procedures and Job Instructions. Includes preparation of schedules, cost reports, cash flow and variance analysis
- Review and provide feedback on miscellaneous project reports.
- Provide design and construction teams with forward looking mitigation plans and data
- Verify integrity of Earned Value Management System.
- Prepare and/or review contract change notices.
- Knowledgeable of planning and scheduling concepts and principles including effects on financial performance.
- Familiar with data sources and supports basic schedule development.
- Supports analysis of schedule, identifies and investigates project schedule variances.
- Collects and updates data and updates and produces scheduling reports.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of WBS and support activities to implement applicable coding. Supports basic schedule development.
- Supports gathering and assembling data for schedule updating.
- Supports measurement of project schedule progress and gathers and assembles data for schedule and network updating.
- Gathers data for schedule baseline development and maintenance.
- Familiar with engineering work flows and basis construction methodology
- Understands CPM scheduling concepts and principles and able to develop basic engineering, procurement and construction logic.
- Coordinate with and respond to queries from internal and external clients
- Attend team meetings to provide assistance in resolving issues, review progress reports and ensure assignment of new tasks.
- Analyze and provide input to technical and performance criteria on Project Controls systems to the Project Controls Functional leadership.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to other Functional groups with regards to processes, monitoring and system requirements.
- Provide input for various Business Line reporting.
- University Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business with minimum 6 years of relevant experience in project controls within a construction or Engineering Environment or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 8 YORE or HS/GED + 10 YORE
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or AACE Certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Primavera P6 – essential
- Cost Engineering Software (e.g. Prism, Ecosys, ePM)
- Acumen Fuse / Risk
- Monte Carlo Simulation (e.g. @Risk, Crystal ball)
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Geography OH
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 246461BR
Additional Locations CA – Markham, ON – 105 Commerce Valley Dr W
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.