WSP - Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Control Analyst for our Transportation business line. This position will provide support and assistance to the Project Manager and to the project team. The Project Control Analyst supports the execution of project activities, including Financial Management, project management, and monthly reporting.
As a member of the Transportation group, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain very high quality. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development, fast-track your professional development to become a strong project control analyst with the potential for a PMP designation.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of Project Managers, Engineers, Planners, Designers, and Contract Administrators, Sub-Consultants, and other staff as required;
- Implement and execute project controls plans to support contractual requirements of a project;
- Support baseline budgets and work breakdown structure to manage hours and expenditure;
- Maintain accurate reporting and tracking on a project to verify the planned value, actual cost, earned value, and schedule;
- Act as liaison between Project Controls and other project disciplines;
- Assess impacts for changes to baseline/estimates and new forecasted dates/performance;
- Timely identification, notification, resolution, and recording of deviations from the current plan, including items that have the potential for future impact within project scope;
- Convey an understanding of project evolution and serve as a preventative mechanism for unforeseen cost and schedule impacts;
- Implement and execute methods of effective progress measurement based on the size and complexity of the project;
- Manage the financial health of the project, including variance reporting for both schedule and cost;
- Assist in preparing reporting packages to project and corporate management teams;
- Prepare project plans including, work breakdown structures, scheduling, cost plan, quality plan, and change management plan;
- Organize billing drafts, compiling monthly invoices and following up for approval and payment, managing sub-consultant receivables;
- Preparation and coordination of monthly progress reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Financial Project Controls;
- Previous relevant experience in the civil engineering industry is an asset;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as the role requires continuous interaction with team members;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, including report writing, editing, and proofreading abilities;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Outlook. Highly advanced Microsoft Excel skills and/or MS Project skills is an asset;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must;
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of ProjectWise and/or Sharepoint is an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (project management, finance or business preferred);
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.