Canada Life Assurance Company
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Project Analyst – 12 month term
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London.
Individual Customer Technology (IC Tech) is an organization providing information technology solutions to Canada Life. In IC Tech, the Customer is at the centre of what we do.
Our IC Tech professionals make a significant contribution to the companies’ business goals through the effective delivery of value-added services. These services include setting technology direction, project management, analysis, system architecture, software development and the provision of operational support services for our Individual Customer business unit.
Our IC Tech Project Analyst professionals make a significant contribution to the companies’ business goals through the effective delivery of value-added services. These services include:
- Track and report on portfolio financials, resourcing, and project status
- Maintain process documentation and Tip and Techniques
- Provide time control training for new IC Tech staff members
- Manage vendor contracts
- Coordination of small projects or work packages
- Preparing, analyzing, and maintaining project schedules
- Support project managers with managing costs and maintaining project plans and logs
- Become knowledgeable in and train on project management methodologies and tools
- Assist with new project team member onboarding (project site walkthroughs, Program reporting schedules, special program processes, creation of onboarding documents)
- Assist with Project Closeout (documentation, SAP reconciliation, Audit Compliance deliverables, coordinate with ISFM, archive project, close tasks in MSPS, etc.)
What you will bring
- Knowledge of the project management methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of end user tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and stress
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have a strong client service orientation
- Are a self-starter with initiative and love to figure out how to do things
- Continuous Learner
- Experience in the use of MS Project, Confluence, or JIRA would be an asset
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted