Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a programmer analyst, automation, you support IT efficiency by designing, configuring, administering, maintaining and upgrading computer networks, management systems and database servers in accordance with the organization’s needs.
You draw on your ability to work with technology and anticipate innovation to help develop, standardize and roll out medium- to large-scale IT systems, programs and applications. You analyze client and partner needs and influence decisions on project-specific IT solutions and information systems. You plan, prioritize and coordinate work to stay on schedule and meet objectives. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You make recommendations for project execution and help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields.
You serve as systems resource person for your unit, clients and practitioners.
General Information on the Position
More specifically, we’re looking for an analyst programmer with extensive experience in automation to modernize and streamline our testing processes.
- Actively help develop execution strategies and analyze, design and document programs and applications.
- Help develop, code and test them.
- Provide technical support or follow-up for IT operations.
- Draft operational specifications, procedures and methods.
- Develop documentation, and prepare and deliver user training.
- Analyze, diagnose, follow up on and resolve critical and complex system problems.
- Lead software installation and testing as well as application rollout.
- Maintain necessary ties with units involved in your activities while working with the application leads concerned.
- Propose any improvements that could enhance the effectiveness and quality of applications or the unit’s operations.
- Analyze and carry out service requests to address clients’ specific needs.
- Modify applications, run test scenarios and produce the required documentation so as to track and ensure the quality of changes once in production.
- Prepare and carry out various computer operations to ensure the proper functioning of production operations.
- Detect and analyze problems, determine their causes and identify appropriate solutions to meet client needs.
- Help implement tools and process for test automation.
- Develop and maintain automated tests.
- Design scenarios for functional tests (integration and system) and evaluate the efforts required for their automation.
- Work closely with the development and quality assurance teams.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of a relevant experience
- Experience working for a large organization
- Experience with Visual Studio development tools and Team Foundation Server (TFS) source management software
- Extensive experience working with test automation frameworks
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency with at least one automation tool (e.g., UFT, LeanFT, Selenium, SoapUI, Postman)
- Knowledge of development and testing strategies, standards and processes
- Knowledge of C# and .Net
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of unit testing (coverage testing), MSTest, NUnit, automated testing
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns, Tech savvy
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Information technology (FG)