Requisition ID: 93972
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Funding Technology team supports Scotiabank’s Group Treasury business by providing functional and technical expertise in money market products and related internal and third-party applications. The incumbent is responsible for the effective and efficient development, implementation and support of mission critical, on-line, risk management or decision support programs or application systems of large complexity.
1. Participate in the development and support of cost effective and efficient applications or prototypes of medium to large complexity according to standards to meet the demands of the high availability, complex, on-line transaction processing environment. This involves participating in the system design, documentation, developing the required programs, performing unit testing and participating in the integrated system tests.
2. Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to assigned applications by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems of medium to large complexity and escalating to management as per documented procedures. The incumbent is required to carry a beeper to provide timely user support.
3. Participate in the implementation of new systems or enhancements by running required conversion programs, performing shakedown testing of the production environments, preparing the Change Control Release documentation and running the parallel test cycles.
4. Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self teach new technologies and maintain a broad understanding of the Division’s business and technology strategies.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- The incumbent must have a sound understanding of business systems analysis and development. A degree in a computer science, math or engineering related discipline is desirable, along with up to 3 years of practical experience.
- The incumbent must have good analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills. The incumbent must have a sound understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for. The incumbent must be a quick learner in order to deliver projects within a rapidly changing, complex technical and business environment. The incumbent must have good interpersonal and communication skills in order to deliver proposals, provide user support and to interact with diverse user groups.
- The incumbent must have a sound knowledge of the following:
. multiple operating platforms, such as Linux/UNIX and Windows
. programming languages, such as Java, Angular2, C, C++, shell scripts
. database technology, such as Oracle, PLSQL and Delphix
. object oriented programming paradigm knowledge
. development techniques, such as debugging, testing (Unit, Integration and Contract), Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, coding, use of productivity tools (IntelliJ, GIT,JIRA, Jenkins, …).
. Building CI pipelines in Jenkins using Scotiabank’s CIAD pipeline or Accelerator.
. hardware and operating system configuration
. software packages used by the Division (Outlook, WSS )
. security scanning tools such as Fortify, SonarQube and Black Duck
- A broad understanding and knowledge of the Banks products, services, market trends, computer services, planning and control tools and organizational structure.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives specific direction from the Manager Development and the Project Manager for the specific tasks assigned. The incumbent’s work is verified by the Project Leader or Manager prior to release.
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.