Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for a Programmer Analyst. This position is located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to fix issues.
• Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, under pressure and maintain project focus.
• Developing strong working relationships at levels in the business and IT community to ensure overall project satisfaction.
• Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements.
• Design and create technical specifications for complex computer platforms and applications.
• Analyze requirements and issues outlined by Business Systems Analysts and translate into technical design documentation.
• Ensure logic and design is in alignment with core architecture of the system/application.
• Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
• Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
• Retail or other enterprise applications development experience is preferred.
• Programming experience including experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms.
• Experience with XML, JAVA, SQL, PERL, VBScript and/or Jscript, C/C++, and Python.
• Experience with retail, store systems technology and processes would be beneficial.
• Desired experience with
• Experience with Linux, Windows.
• Experience developing applications that utilize databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL server, PostgreSQL,
IBM DB2, NoSQL (COSMOS).
• Some understanding of integration solutions such as WebSphere MQ (WMQ), WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), Web services, ETL: Datastage, Managed File Transfer: PM4Data, MIM, Azure integration tools and other cloud tools (Containerization, Data Tools, Data Warehouses).
• Exposure to mobile and UI frameworks.
• Desired experience in API development including development of new API libraries and development using existing API libraries.
• Experience designing modular, reusable code libraries.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
• Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures.
• Ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
• Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
• Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and delivery methodologies.
• Ability to contribute to making critical and successful decisions under pressure.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
• Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
• Team: We always support and recognize each other
• Inclusive: We always value everyone’s perspective
• Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
• Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
• Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
• Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
• Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
• May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
• Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
• Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
• Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled