Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a systems and infrastructure development, operations and maintenance programmer analyst, you participate in IT efficiency and quality by analyzing, designing, configuring, developing, maintaining and upgrading software products in accordance with the organization’s requirements.
Your skills in technology and your ability to anticipate innovation help you develop, standardize and roll out medium- to large-scale IT systems, programs and applications. You analyze client and partner requirements and influence decisions on appropriate IT solutions. You plan, prioritize and coordinate work to stay on schedule and meet objectives. Your projects and initiatives require comprehensive knowledge of your line of work.
You help solve complex problems by using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with different stakeholders working in other fields.
You serve as a systems go to person for your team, clients and stakeholders.
General Information on the Position
- Actively help develop execution strategies, and analyze and develop software products (design, code, and automate run tests), while applying development, data and security best practices.
- Document technical solutions as well as practices to ensure product sustainability. Help develop documentation that is prepared and delivered for training purposes to peers and users.
- Provide technical support for IT operations, analyze, diagnose, follow up on and resolve critical and complex system issues.
- Cocreate with business partners and architects to get a complete understanding of business intentions and objectives to standardize solutions accordingly.
- Lead software package installations and testing as well as inhouse application deployment.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available:1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Plans and aligns, Tech savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Information technology (FG)