We are Marsh Inc., a global leader in insurance broking and risk management and we are looking for a Program Manager for our Toronto location. This role can work remotely anywhere in Canada.
What can you expect?
This role will work closely with the Operations and Technology Managing Director in the planning and governance of Operations strategic and tactical initiatives. Responsible for program management of medium to large- scale multi-faceted programs.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax- free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
- Responsible for deploying PMO best practices and methodology to create a program/project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget the desired outcomes. Fully accountable for the result of the program/project.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and team members, the Program Manager is ultimately responsible for defining the program/project scope and objectives to ensure program members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another.
- Prepares, maintains and submits clear and concise activity/progress reports and time recording /management reports. The Program Manager applies this proactive approach in routinely tracking the program members’ progress against their program commitments.
- Co-ordinates, facilitates and communicates to all concerned parties the governance requirements such as program/project milestones, status updates, expense impacts as well as any existing or potential escalation issues.
- Creates communications to broader employee groups with predetermined cadence.
- Has the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to anticipate business problems. The Program Manager is able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed-all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
- Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Adapts their approach to the context and constraints of each program/project, knowing that no “one size” can fit all the variety of programs/projects.
- Studies the lessons learned from prior programs/projects and applies the most important lessons to the new initiatives.
- Serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a program/project.
- Cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a program/project’s stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the results, those who command the resources needed, and the team members.
- Ensures that scope creep, communications, and quality are carefully managed.
- Drives ownership of decisions to the level where the accountability of the decision must lie.
- Routinely engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions
- Maintains documents of the life of a project and shares information as necessary
- Ownership of the Operations annual planning process. Translates strategic plans into measurable tactical objectives with associated timelines and benefits (expense, customer, business, etc.)
- Has overall ownership of all management reports on a given engagement along with operational reviews, controls documentation and meeting minutes.
What you need to have:
- A minimum Bachelor Degree, 10+ years of program management and strategic planning experience – preferably from an insurance environment
- PMP certification requirement
- Strong change management experience and capabilities
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISO, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Works well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. Can shift readily between the “big picture” and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Ability to develop program plans, manage individual projects, deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Manage program scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them. Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor program/project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Experience with introducing new target operating models
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.