- This position is to support the COVID-19 team and ensure that the requirements of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and all associated legislation are met by providing quality programs and services.
- To liaise and consult with Program Managers and program staff in planning, developing and implementing evaluation methods and approaches for the purpose of program planning.
- To provide leadership to Health Unit Staff and ensure effective methodological procedures (quantitative and qualitative) including accurate sampling design procedures and survey administrative methods and assist with analysis, interpretation of data and report generation.
- Responsible for obtaining and analysing data required to meet the Ontario Public Health Standards and additional data that can inform the delivery of public health services.
- To liaise and consult with the Medical Officer of Health (MOH), Program Managers and program staff in planning, developing and implementing evaluation methods and approaches for the purpose of program plan.
- To contribute to the development of professional quality surveys that generate meaningful and purposeful data.
- To provide leadership and ensure effective methodological procedures (quantitative and qualitative) including accurate sampling design procedures and survey administrative methods and assist with analysis, interpretation of data and product development.
- To support Program Managers and program staff with grant proposals.
- To analyse data using IntelliHealth, CCHS, Panorama and other appropriate databases/data sources.
- Contribute to the identification and prioritization of areas for improvement within the six dimensions of quality (safe, effective, efficient, timely, person-centred and equitable).
- Engage with colleagues in a systematic approach to quality improvement, including the definition of the purpose and scope; development, testing and implementation of change ideas; and measurement of reach and impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in epidemiology, Health Sciences, Applied Sciences or equivalent with emphasis on program evaluation and analysis.
- Over three years up to and including four years’ experience in program evaluation, community health research and health planning and the use of public health indicators.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of the principles of health promotion
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, as well as, current issues and practices related to health determinants, health outcomes, epidemiology, and public health.
- Knowledge of the design and analysis of surveys.
- Advance research skills and experience in developing research questions, conducting extensive literature reviews and critically appraising the quality, internal and external validity of research results.
- Advance skills in qualitative research and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly, relevant explanations for reporting and knowledge transfer to management and staff.
- Excellent oral presentation and small group facilitation skills to lead focus group discussions.
- Effective consulting, leadership, and project management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by adjusting approaches, as needed.
- Ensures accountability and high quality and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and experience with various software applications, including qualitative and quantitative packages (e.g. Stata, SPSS, SAS, NVivo).
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft Office) and department specific software to data search and entry and to create and modify word processed documents.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Status: Temporary Full Time (date of hire to approximately June 30, 2022)
Employee Group: CUPE 4700
Salary: $29.98 – $37.44 per hour (2021 rate)
Division: Health and Social Services
Department: Quality, Planning, Accountability and Performance
Reports To: Manager, Planning and Evaluation
Posting Period: January 4, 2021 – January 18, 2021
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector where required and verification of education.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.