Infotree’s approach to every employee and customer is based around making a positive impact. We focus on over-servicing, continuous improvement and a high-quality culture. We’re passionate about making successful matches for our employees and customers across the globe. Infotree prides itself in our proven track record and innovative culture with 100% focus on the employees and customers
Job Title: Senior Application Production Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team, providing support to the production elements of the IV2 applications. The role is centred on application support, and requires a wide range of technical skills. The Production Engineer will work closely with development and infrastructure teams to:
• Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments (from presentation and application layers to Infrastructure layers)
• Pro-actively manage the capacity of production applications
• Plan and implement application releases, load tests and configuration changes
• Customize production tools (monitoring, deployment, scheduling etc.)
• Contribute to medium and high scale technical projects as part of the by contributing in architecture review and design, upgrading and migrating application systems to new platforms.
• Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity and design issues
The Production Engineer will also work with other teams to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly, often under pressure, to restore normal services to the business. Therefore, ability to be on call and provide support out of hours is essential.
As this is a production support role, focusing across a range of different and mostly cutting edge technologies, candidates must possess the aptitude and desire to learn.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role. He/she must be experienced in providing multi-disciplined technical support as part of a team, and have practical knowledge of performance and capacity management from an application, database and network perspective as well as strong aptitude for automation.
Imp Keywords: Performance and capacity management, Unix, Linux, IV2 applications, Network principals, Load balancing, F5 Big-IP
Role Specific Technical Skills
Production experience across the following:
• System administration – In-depth knowledge in Linux/Unix and good knowledge on Windows systems
• Good general understanding of global infrastructure, firewalls and networking and considerations in these areas.
• Networks: Good understanding of network principals and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies, like F5 Big-IP is essential
• Monitoring – Experience in managing monitoring tools (such as ITRS Geneos)
• Automation – Experience to release and or server automation tools such as Ansible, Bladelogic
• Knowledge of programming and scripting methodologies and demonstrable proficiency in writing code in one or more of the following languages; Python, Perl, Ruby, Java
• Data – Experience into Log indexing product such as Splunk and Elastic Search
• Application servers – Strong knowledge in configuring and supporting web technologies such as Tomcat, Apache, nginx, IIS
• Analytical skills – Ability to analyse data surrounding incidents to a fine level, investigate dependencies and evaluate possible areas for improvement, and actions with a view to automate resolution
Desirable IT Skills
• Containers – exposure to Docker, Rancher
• Test tools – practical experience of Load testing tool like Jmeter
• Databases – exposure to or skills in SQL Server, Oracle and noSQL DBs
• Understanding of application lifecycle and Agile methodology
• Good tasks management, prioritisation, risk management
• Appreciation of production processes, including change and release management
• Good incident and problem management skills, with knowledge of ITIL beneficial
If interested, you can share the most recent resume on [email protected] or call at 817 415-8935 for quick response.