Dealertrack Canada, a subsidiary of Dealertrack, is the leading provider of web-based software solutions and services for all major segments of the automotive, marine, recreational vehicle, motorcycle and powersport retail industries. Dealertrack Canada serves dealers, lenders, OEMs, third-party retailers, agents and aftermarket providers with its comprehensive set of solutions including Sales/F&I products; market data for dealers, lenders and OEMs; and digital document services.
Dealertrack is looking to add a Product Owner to the team. The Product Owner (PO) is a lead member of the Scrum Team and is responsible for both defining and prioritizing the Team Backlog so that the solution meets program priorities. The PO works daily with a team of application developers, QA developers and a Scrum Master to construct innovative software solutions. The Product Owner is responsible for working closely with the Product Management team to ensure that product vision, roadmap, marketing and the backlog are all in alignment.
- Support and internalize our in-market BA work – interface development with our International partners, start planning and launching of business/operational readiness work, support growing sales efforts.
- Collaborates with other product owners, product managers and other stakeholders to drive product strategy, design, innovation and overall product direction.
- Understand the product vision and evaluate various approaches to implement effective solutions.
- Can deep dive into the details while maintaining the roll up to 360* view
- Can articulate the technical details for business without getting technical
- Drive innovation by translating thoughts and ideas into tangible product requirements in the form of features, epics and user stories.
- The PO builds, prunes, prioritizes and maintains the product backlog.
- Serve as the customer proxy and is responsible for working with Product Management to ensure that the Team Backlog is aligned with the program priorities.
- Works closely with Engineering technical leadership to ensure key architectural roadmap items are woven into the product backlog
- Defines stories that meet the objectives of the features within the Business Backlog
- Actively participates in iteration planning, including the coordination of content dependencies with other PO’s.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog and performs just-in-time story elaboration with the implementation team.
- Reviews and accepts completed stories with a focus on product quality.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of software product management related experience
- Welcomes solving problems with a positive attitude, teamwork and innovation.
- An effective and persuasive communicator (written, verbal, presentation, e-mail, etc.), who is skilled at leading meetings and making presentations within all areas of the company.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a product owner or business analyst in a SaaS platform or microservices environment.
- Proven experience in working with API management products
- Proven experience of working with external integration partners
- Highly collaborative and comfortable with both high-level planning and tactical execution.
- Experience gathering and writing formal business/functional/technical requirements, documentation, creating workflows, etc. including a solid understanding of financial metrics and analytics.
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy skills, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts where information, resources, and priorities can change quickly and where information must be readily digested and decisions made expeditiously.
- Automotive Industry experience Preferred
- Knowledge of Safe methodologies a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.