Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
The Product Development Manager is responsible for the sourcing, development, and production of Mejuri products, which encompass the fine jewelry and demi-fine jewelry categories on E-commerce & Retail. The Product Development Manager is a critical cross functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic products while achieving financial goals.
- Manage the product development process from handoff of conceptual design through sample approval
- Review specs before releasing to suppliers to assess manufacturability and realistic target CoGs
- Work directly with suppliers throughout the development process; discuss feasibility & cost challenges early; cost negotiations, sample deliveries, etc
- Responsible for costing & all negotiations pre- production
- Negotiate with suppliers on behalf of the company with well researched knowledge of competitive pricing, tiers, volume, etc. (This includes having extensive knowledge of gold market fluctuations)
- Own all tracking systems for development cycles and team – allow team members to use day-to-day (Working Roadmap) and audit on as needed basis for accountability
- Initiate, onboard and maintain healthy relationships with manufacturers and vendors for development and production
- Audit vendor performance regularly
- Update the product knowledge manual and standards manual regularly
- Troubleshoot quality issues with factories in sampling phase
- Investigate defective products and perform root cause analysis leading to implementation of product redesign or phase out
- Travel may be required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in jewelry product development, production
- Luxury accessories and/or an e-commerce background is an asset
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing, supply chain operations, and distribution
- Energy, confidence, self-motivation
- Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Knowledge and understanding of Mejuri’s product and brand. Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn
- Must be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be a self-starter.
Working at Mejuri = Solid Gold
Mejuri aspires to not only inspire and empower our customers, but to build an inspiring, empowering and thoroughly modern workplace.
Beautiful, light filled plant and dog-friendly office
Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Wellness – Private wellness/prayer/pumping room, and a lifestyle spending account for health and fitness needs
Parental leave top up program (80% for 4 months)
*Stay shining with a generous employee discount
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.