Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children’s entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds-and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
Procurement Reporting Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Indirect Sourcing Operations, this position is responsible for applying knowledge of procurement and following Standard Operating Procedures to respond to inquiries related to Procurement Policy, Procedures, and other related procurement technologies. Contributing to organizational improvement by gathering and analyzing data, preparing reports and introducing process improvements throughout the reporting process.
- Manage KPIs to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes including creation of recurring metrics reports to drive improvements for the Operations network.
- Monitor Spend against the delegated authority under the Award of Business (AOB) to ensure compliance
- Measure actual vs planned savings; as savings trends are identified, own action plans to meet goals and develop solutions
- Using input from the category team, build the category metrics model to track and monitor performance in relationship to the category strategy
- Develop relationship across the network to ensure best practices are being shared and implemented
- Work with business users to understand, define and document business and technical needs and translate such needs into user’s requirements
- Support the business in decision making by providing ad-hoc information, reports, and business supported applications as required
- Perform Ad hoc analysis to enable users to get up-to-the-minute insights into data not yet analyzed by a scheduled report.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using Microsoft Excel, and other BI reporting tools.
- Design automated process solutions in accordance with standard design principles and conventions.
- Configure new automated processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Provide training to team members on newly developed reports and processes.
- Participate and lead UAT efforts
What you bring
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of procurement and execution systems and processes. Knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Experience in supporting critical procurement processes.
- Understanding of technology development processes.
- Experience implementing applications and processes with cross-functional IT, Finance and business teams that deliver high-quality results on time and within budget.
- Experience in data mining, maintenance and reporting.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with competing and changing objectives in support of long-term goals while maintaining stakeholder expectations.
- Strong analytical skills, detail, customer-oriented, and team player.
- Proven ability to facilitate formal and informal communications across all levels of staff.
- Proven ability to work both at a conceptual and highly detailed level.
- Statistical analysis/exposure with accounting background an asset.
- Experience with BI environments an asset.
- Ability to thrive and contribute to a learning environment within the Decision Support team.
- 2+ Years knowledge and experience with SAP/S4HANA, or other Enterprise Financial Systems.
- 3+ plus years of reporting and analytics experience preferably in the retail or consumer packaged goods (CPG).
- 2+ years business administration, business analysis, data analysis, business process improvement, and operations experience.
- 2 Years’ Min. Procurement Experience – Understanding basics of Procurement.
- 3+ Years Excel – Intermediate/Advanced; pivot tables, ability to analyze reports.
- 2+ years intermediate to advance knowledge/experience with reporting tools (creating metadata layers).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to clearly document and explain business processes and automated solution designs using Visio tool (UML Diagrams) Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Business Systems, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic financial statements and reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc.).
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.