At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking highly motivated individual to join our IBM Procurement Services (IPS) team of procurement consulting professionals. IPS provides procurement services to IBM’s external clients across all industry segments.
Specifically, we are seeking to fill the role of a Procurement Professional to support our clients’ procurement and strategic sourcing requirements in indirect spend categories such as: Facilities, MRO, Real Estate, Corporate & Professional Services, Information Technology, and Logistics.
This role may require up to 80% business travel to remote client locations based on project requirements, and is based in Markham, Ontario
- Managing multiple competitive bid events for client(s) (i.e., Request for Proposal, Request for Quote, Request for Information, Reverse Auctions, etc.) within assigned spend categories
- Analyzing client’s historical spend data in one or more categories to: identify sourcing opportunities, support category strategy development, and measure compliance with supplier agreements
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across all levels of the client’s business, procurement, and legal organizations
- Negotiating commercial terms and facilitating contracting processes with the client’s suppliers
- Analyzing and documenting cost savings versus historical spend to ensure IBM meets or exceeds contractual savings commitments to our client(s)
- Identifying opportunities to transform the client’s procurement organization and policies, and to support the client in achieving its strategic business objectives
- Supporting Global Category Leaders and Category Managers with development of category strategies and developing sourcing project strategies
- Collaborating with IPS Procurement Consultants supporting our other clients to share and leverage useful templates, strategies, lessons learned, and case studies
Skills & Expertise
- Running RFx’s: Previous experience leading multiple competitive bid events for indirect sourcing projects.
- Data Analysis: Ability to utilize procurement and financial data to understand spending trends within a business, and to leverage that information to identify procurement insights that result in process efficiencies or cost savings for the client.
- Strategic Thinking: Understanding of the importance of “big picture” thinking and planning. Ability to apply business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Dealing with Disorder: Knowledge of tactics and ability to function effectively in the face of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
- Microsoft Office: Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office suite. Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze procurement data using Microsoft Excel, and to build client-ready presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Client Relationship Management: Ability to build rapport with clients and maintain professionalism in communications with all levels of client stakeholders. Delivery of high quality analyses and presentations on time and with the level of quality the client expects.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement methods, technologies and processes. Ability to analyze and improve a client’s procurement organization.
Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience as a Tactical Buyer running end-to-end RFx events in any of the following categories: Facilities, MRO, Real Estate, Corporate & Professional Services, Information Technology, and/or Logistics
- Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze procurement data using Microsoft Excel (create/modify v-lookup’s, pivot tables and/or Macros)
- Adaptable and flexible e.g. experience with handling uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguous situations
- Experience with analyzing and improving a client’s procurement organization.
- Travel requirements can be up to 80%.
- Proven ability to build rapport with stakeholders and maintain professionalism in communications with all levels of client stakeholders.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience in a client facing / consultative role.
- Strong business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization and client
About Business Unit
From strategic sourcing through payables, IBM Procurement Services (IPS) helps transform business’ into a cognitive enterprise.
By accessing refined, real-time data we deliver a highly personalized user experience that can learn over time. This allows for quicker, more informed decision making and maximizes preferred suppliers. IBM global spend category expertise can optimize spend savings for business’ through intelligent workflows.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: CA
- State: ONTARIO
- City: Markham
- Category: Supply Chain
- Required Education: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID: 352228BR
- Travel Required: Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
- Min Salary:
- Max Salary:
- Location: Markham, ON CA