Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada’s Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada’s Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Purdys Chocolatier is looking for a Procurement Analyst to join our Kingsway Office in Vancouver, BC!
Reporting to the Inventory & Scheduling Manager, the Procurement Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining analytical tools to support the Purchasing team. Ultimately this individual will be responsible to ensure systems and processes are in place in order to provide an adequate and accurate signal (MRP) for Purchasing. The individual continually strives to ensure replenishment of ingredients and packaging materials are taking place in a timely manner to meet production plans by ensuring the Buyers have what they need to work efficiently.
As the Procurement Analyst, primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages procurement data integrity, maintaining and correcting information in existing Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Establishes and maintains standardized procedures, processes, systems, and tools, which support the procurement activities
- Establishes and monitors a baseline of performance indicators and deliver trend data, providing insight to core stakeholders (develops and governs KPIs through logic & datasource publication, development of KPI dashboards)
- Develops strong working relationships with key staff members in IT/Business Intelligence and other supporting departments
- Identifies gaps and works with IT/BI to ensure datasources are developed for Purchasing business intelligence
- Has ownership and responsibility to maintain both days supply (time consolidation period) and safety stock settings to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained to support the business while balancing shelf life constraints, holding costs, etc
- Analyzes under/overstocking costs and leads what-if analysis for the Purchasing team
- Passionate and leads Master Data Management initiatives within the Purchasing team
- Helps identify system gaps and evaluate needs for the Purchasing team
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Strong understanding of, and relishes at the opportunity to do statistical analysis (demand and supply variability to drive safety stock needs)
- Must be detail orientated, organized and capable of working to deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible in relation to handling work requirements – ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment
- Previous experience in the procurement or inventory management field is essential
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (required), Power BI, Syteline (ERP), WMS
- Candidates working towards a professional supply chain or purchasing certification will be an asset (APICS CSCP, SCMP, PMP)
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated through experience developing reports/tools via Power BI, Power Query, SQL, DAX
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at [email protected]
- Pay Type Salary