60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
The Business & Process Analyst acts as the requirements and process map lead for small to medium projects.
This individual will be the key person for consulting with the business to understand its business goals and objectives, and map processes and requirements. The Analyst will collaborate with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into process maps and procedure documents.
In addition to project work, the Analyst will assist the business with operational issues by helping to define the problem and assisting in the resolution of the problem, involving T&O or other functional areas. This role may also provide advice on the functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to support business process mapping and requirements. Additionally, the analyst will be require to lead UAT activity and strategy on small to medium projects
- Develop/maintain/update Business Process Maps and documents
- Lead UAT and PIV (post implementation validation) on various small to medium projects.
- Creates use case diagrams, value stream maps, acceptance tests, personas when supporting technical functions and requirements when digitizing and/or streamlining existing processes.
- Provides clarification of requirements to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the testing team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan)
- Conduct gap analysis, write business requirements and create templates or any artifact as needed.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility to ensure that a quality product is delivered when gathering, validating, and approving requirements, process and procedures.
- Adhere to and ensure that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables.
- Ensure all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team, Third Party Vendors and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Identify issues and recommend solutions
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager and/or Sr. Business Consultant, participate in the development of strategic and tactical IT plans to help inform future project work and relevant updates to process and procedural documents.
- Responsible for sprint demos to business users and training the trainers for rollouts.
- In addition to these activities, this role will assist the business with operational issues by helping to define the problem and assisting in the resolution of the problem, involving process improvement and or T&O or other functional areas.
This role may also provide advice on the functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to support business requirements.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possesses a University degree/college diploma and/or 6 to 10 years progressive business analysis, process enhancement/mapping and change management experience supporting small to medium size projects
- Completing or Pursuing Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Agile and/or Change Management designation would be a great asset. Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Insurance and/or Finance/Banking industry
- In-depth knowledge of BMO systems, specifically creditor insurance and/or Personal Lending
- Organizational knowledge of BMO Creditor Insurance
- Knowledge of Life Insurance Products and systems (legacy and web based Advisor and Customer portals etc.).
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in business
- Demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
- Possesses good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Displays good interviewing and facilitation skills
- Good understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio, MS Project, MS Word, Excel and PPT)
- Experience with SharePoint
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g. one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
- Proactively pursuing opportunities to broaden and deepen organization and project knowledge
- Strong understanding of SDLC and project planning and Ideally have worked in Agile as well as Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design within the context of the organization standards
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.