Canadian Western Bank
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com.
Process Analyst – Centralized Operations (6-month term)
Are you in a client – facing banking position? Do you like to hunt for efficiencies and improvements? Then step in to the next phase of your career and read on!
As the Process Analyst (6 month term), you will leverage your client facing banking experience to support and effectively drive change and process improvements and to assist with the ongoing delivery of high quality services to CWB Group and Branch network.
Make an impact by:
- Supporting and training Banking Support Officers and Reconciliation Specialists on understanding and completing banking processes.
- Providing support with daily verification of documentation and management control along with implementation and use of technical tools
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement in processes and controls, and to assist in the implementation of changes in processes and technology.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a difference – our culture thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration and the ability to create an impact to CWB Financial Group.
- Rewarding, enterprising and engaging atmosphere where you will be able to see your contributions at work.
- Understanding balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have when they’re not at work and we support that.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and CWB Balance Day (extra day off with pay!).
- Company ownership: every employee has the opportunity to be an owner with our employee share purchase plan (ESPP).
- Competitive salary and pay for performance incentives.
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential.
What you will do:
- Support the Centralized Services team to problem solve and provide solutions to resolve outstanding items/issues.
- Prepare, review and manage policy and procedures relating to Centralized Services and a requirement to follow policy relating to Third Party Service Providers, Payments Canada, Revenue Canada, SWIFT, Interact and Canadian Exchange.
- Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and followed, escalating exceptions as required.
- Proactively participate, share and exchange ideas in regards to potential procedure enhancements and best practices between management and peers.
- Minimize risk through compliance with policies and regulatory requirements in all areas of banking and operations.
- Manage long-term document control and electronic reporting for all applicable tasks.
- Maintain a high accuracy and efficiency when completing work, ensuring there are no negative impacts resulting in losses for clients or the Bank.
- Provide support to the CWB branch network, to enable them to deliver a “best in class” customer experience.
- Regularly review SLA targets in collaboration with individual leader to ensure Bank and client needs are met.
Your background and skills:
- High School Diploma required.
- Post Secondary Education in Business, Finance or a related field is an asset.
- Minimum 1 year of experience, preferably in operations within personal banking or accounting background.
- Experience working within the financial sector is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to look for efficiencies and process improvements.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and various software reconciliation applications.
- Quick and self directed learner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Risk focused, strategic thinker with good working knowledge of personal banking policies, procedures, laws, rules, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Deadline driven, ability to perform tasks of a complex nature in defined periods.
* Position closes at 12:01am on indicated close date
Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We’re proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we’re always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.