Who are we?
Microsoft 365(M365) Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3)
Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) powers billions of real-time customer conversations across Microsoft’s first party (Teams, Skype), and second party (Dynamics) solutions. IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customertouchpoints. IC3 makes conversations on our platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting or chat will make the next one better.
Principal Engineering Manager – Calling/Meeting Applications
C alling/meeting functionality is a critical function that IC3 provides to the Microsoft Teams, Skype and Skype for Business products. It’s also the first consumer of the platform API’ that we provide to ensure we deliver on the most usable API to the developer community. We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineering leader to lead the different application teams that constitute the team. The leader will need to work with the different product team partners and drive investments and strategies to ensure we have the best offering compared to the competition. The leader must have a proven record of running large scale services with high reliability and quality .
- Foster and develop talented Engineers capable of developing and running scalable, reliable, maintainable services.
- Architect new and improve upon existing services with a fundamental understanding of the end-to-end scenarios.
- Collaborate with geographically distributed teams, including Program Managers and engineers across Microsoft.
- Provide technical guidance and system level design leadership.
- Collaborate with partner teams and customers to scope and deliver projects.
- Create robust career development plans to help grow team members.
- Keep a razor focus on the usage/metrics of the owned services and be super customer focus.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- 10+ years hands on experience in any of the following languages: C++, Java, C# or Python.
- 2+ years leading teams (tech lead or people manager) of software engineers, with backend services experience.
- Experience in agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Experience leading teams that maintain live services and or application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.