Job Opportunity: Principal Systems Administrator
Department: OpenAir Operations
The person selected to fill this position will take a hands-on technical role in the team responsible for the deployment, maintenance and security of OpenAir’s hosted service offering. As a member of the team, you will take on tasks to ensure the Uptime, Security and Performance reliability of the environment. There is an on-call component to this role, however your pro-active nature seeks to ensure a highly available system that minimizes unexpected service affecting issues. Throughout your efforts, you are aware that the end user of the services are OpenAir’s customers, and you are working to provide them with highly reliable services.
OpenAir is one of the family of products under the Oracle-NetSuite business unit. It is the leader in cloud professional services automation and runs under a Linux environment.
For more information visit http://www.OpenAir.com.
• Become familiar with the OpenAir application at an operational level.
• Use best practises to ensure the efficient management of over 400 Linux hosts.
• Maintain bare-metal, virtualized and cloud-based environments.
• Ensure the ongoing security of OpenAir systems and data.
• Adhere to compliance and security best practices (SOC1&2, ISO27001/18 and PCI).
• Participate in operational Change Control process.
• Software Deployment and Patching.
• Provide on-call support, as part of a scheduled global-roster.
• Support other departments in an operational capacity.
• Provision new servers and services.
• Maintain and improve systems and infrastructure.
• Work remotely as a productive, contributing member of a global team.
Requirements (must haves):
• Minimum of 5 years industry relevant experience.
• Experience with maintaining enterprise operational environments.
• Pro-active work-ethic and excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot complicated problems.
• Experience with at least one in each category:
• Redhat Linux (CentOS, Fedora, RHEL) based operating systems.
• Virtualisation platforms (KVM/XenServer/VMWare/OVM).
• Automation & deployment technologies (Salt/Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
• MySQL and/or Oracle Database Administration.
• Apache or NGINX Webserver.
• Monitoring platforms (Nagios/Opsview/Zabbix).
• TCP/IP Networking and DNS.
• Proficient in at least one scripting language, preferably Bash or Perl.
• Basic experience using Windows Server.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
Asset (Good to have):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or a related discipline.
• RHCE certifications.
• Experience with Compliance audits.
• Experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Load Balancing and Clustering experience (F5, Foundry, Netscaler).
• Previous experience working for an ISP (Internet Service Provider).
• Previous experience in SaaS based operations.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.