The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team builds innovative new customer experiences for families that work on Windows, Xbox, web, and mobile. We focus on providing peace of mind through digital and physical safety and helping families learn, grow, and have more quality time together. Millions of families rely on our easy-to-use software.
We are searching for a technical leader who is as passionate about growing collaborative, healthy teams as we continue to improve and expand our family experiences at Microsoft. Come join us – this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
You’ll be leading a team that will deliver scalable, performant and resilient RESTful backend APIs using micro services architecture in Python/Django, C#/.Net or related programming language.
You will deliver high-scale, highly available UX surfaces on Web and on Applications, with an emphasis on delightful, modern user experiences.
You’ll focus on growing the skills of a highly talented, inclusive, collaborative and motivated team.
• 12+ years of total experience designing, building and shipping software at scale
• 5+ years of team leadership in that time
• Experience shipping consumer products and customer-driven mobile apps
• Excellent design/architecture skills
• Experience with designing and building highly scalable distributed services on the cloud
• Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and engaging top talent
• Experience with driving complex, highly distributed software projects
• Ability to work well with partner team members across the globe to design and implement features/components with high quality (across geographies), and flexibility to travel 2-3 times per year
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Being deeply data driven for decision making
• Deep customer empathy and focus on delivering high-quality customer experiences
• Proactive and self-motivated, and willingness to solve hard engineering problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.