Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Product Operations with experience in supporting ourhosted and SaaS operation environment, deploying data management products into Cloud (like AWS and Azure), automate the delivery, maintenance and monitoring the services to join our team in our Toronto office.
As a Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Product Operations, you will be responsible for provisioning and administering the Cloud Hosted Product Master Data Management Suite Products and Services in production. You will be part of a cross-geo DevOps which will works out of Toronto, Stuttgart and Bangalore offices. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Product Operations you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Product Operations you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- AWS, Azure, Terraform, Chef, Packer, Ansible, Python, Shell, Perl, ELK Stack, Maven, Perforce, Git, SVN, CI Pipelines, JSON, XML, RDBMS, SQL, Nagios, Sensu or Sumologic.
What You’ll Do
- Architect Hosted Cloud deployment, collaborating with Product Management, R&D teams to design the next generation of application deployment architecture, and developing the orchestration strategy and automation framework for the product delivery process
- Develop the automation tools for deployment, patch updates and disaster recovery.
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery. Engage with PMs by maintaining Cloud Operations
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of the cloud services. Join Sales, Product Managers and Technical Support team on calls with Customer during escalations
- Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and defined ICS application security compliance standards.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of Enterprise software development or Operations or Systems administration
- At least 3 years of experience managing Cloud hosting infrastructure, primarily Microsoft Azure.
What Does Success Look Like?
- Design and implement provisioning of Hosted operations. Continuous focus on improvements to operation of the services on the cloud, through tuning at the application/database layer and facilitate self-service through automation.
- Provide proactive support on critical issues, including liaison with business users, system users.
- Take ownership and resolve the issues related to production environment within expected by SLA time frames.
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Networking technology: such as DYN/NetNames and Load balancer
- Experience in setting up a logging, monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Sensu or Sumologic
- Experience of performing or participating in compliance and security audits
- Experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery process