Are you interested in being part of a team building new and innovative enterprise and SAAS products integrating with cloud and cloud native technologies? Splunk is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of an agile team in building new, innovative and user-friendly ways of onboarding and ingesting cloud monitoring data. This team is a part of GDI (Getting Data In) group in Splunk, that has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of cloud integrations, streaming data ingest and cloud onboarding solutions that will provide the data for various Splunk products and solutions in the IT and Security monitoring, investigation and analytics space.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion to search, building exciting end user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to harness machine data in the next generation of IT and Security analytics products! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have experience building cloud native applications in an agile manner using DevOps concepts and principles.
- Experience having lead, designed, implemented and released highly performant and scalable, distributed SaaS applications to a large customer base, successfully.
- Have designed and developed APIs and micro services and released them using automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Have distributed systems design experience and integrating multiple systems using enterprise integration patterns and standard methodologies.
- You are proficient in coding in two or more of these languages: Java
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test.
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. Ideally with certifications.
- Experience collaborating with PM, QA and cross-functional teams, as well as coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience with a messaging system, such as Apache Pulsar, Kafka or equivalent is a big plus.
- Experience with a stream processing platform, such as Flink, Storm or equivalent is a big plus.
- 10+ years of experience and a MS in Computer Science preferred.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, status, or disability status
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!