Microsoft Teams is mission critical for small and large institutions world wide. Especially at this difficult time- as governments, schools/colleges & universities, NGOs & companies around the world look to maintain continuity and productivity- Teams usage has seen astonishing growth in a matter of weeks.
Help us drive & deliver the mission of being the best in class calling and meetings solution.
We are looking for a strong, passionate performance engineer – someone who has a track record of delivering data-driven performance gains, deep technical/problem solving chops, customer empathy & a passion for getting things done. You are passionate about delivering memory footprint reductions, improving product responsiveness, measuring & a/b testing these gains at scale across millions of endpoints. Ideal candidate should have worked in a platform (OS/browser/language) OR application performance/fundamentals team and have experience building and/or improving web or mobile applications. Familiarity with React/HTTPS/SIP are all huge pluses.
- Deliver CPU, memory & responsiveness improvements across Teams web & desktop clients.
- Collaborate with feature area owners, architects & EMs across different areas & services to drive e2e fundamentas improvements for our users.
- Inform and drive next generation architectural investments that keep reliability & performance front and center of all innovation.
– 2+ years of experience profiling & improving memory/cpu/latencies/scale.
– BS degree preferably in CS or related engineering field
– 5+ years of implementing code level patterns that allow large codebases & teams to scale.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
– Experience driving efforts across product groups and business units.
– Exposure to networking and telephony protocols such as HTTPS, TCP/IP stack, SIP, ICE, RTP, RTCP.
– Demonstrated passion for building great end-user experiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.