PerkinElmer Informatics Guelph – Principal Application Developer
PerkinElmer is building exciting new products in the area of clinical analytics. We are solving many difficult problems that enable researchers to discover new drug therapies more efficiently and pinpoint safety issues quickly.
Our innovative solutions utilize cloud platforms, Big Data technologies, persona based-workflows and visual analytics tools to enable scientists to interact with data on demand resulting in accelerated decision-making.
We are a fast-moving team looking for someone with a passion for creating software and impactful products. We work in small teams in an agile manner.
This will require collaboration in a team environment to collaborate with UX/UI designers, DevOps, and fellow engineers to implement innovative for new products.
The ideal candidate has delivered complex products and will be comfortable with a variety of technologies and frameworks to deliver exceptional web solutions.
To be a good fit, you’ll have heaps of hands-on experience coding and building applications.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years building and delivering software products
- 3+ years experience in building web applications in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience developing Microservices using APIs/JSON
- Proficiency in .NET core Web API, C#
- Proficient in containerization platforms such as Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with open source technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other team members
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic and desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Apache Nifi / Kafka experience a plus
- Experience with application monitoring platforms such as Instana, New Relic, Data Dog a plus
We believe in small, empowered teams so individual versatility is highly valued. Bonus points are earned for experience:
- Clinical, bioinformatics or other health sciences experience