We are currently seeking a Principal Software Developer to join our new Intelligent Suite team in Kitchener-Waterloo.
About Oracle NetSuite
At NetSuite our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com .
About the Role:
This role will be a key member of our Intelligent Suite team. Working inside NetSuite to help teams design, architect and fulfill the vision of bringing Intelligent features to our customers. This role will work closely with our Data Scientist and Infrastructure teams to become an expert in making the data science algorithms come to life in a production environment.
You will get to work with smart people that are both geographically and culturally diverse. You get to be on the cutting edge of technology, working with some of the newest Machine Learning (ML) infrastructure, while getting to have an impact on direction and solution design.
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining the ML implementations and support systems behind Intelligence features
- Defining best practices for code, APIs, and frameworks that will lay the foundation for enhanced features
- Proposing appropriate tools (languages/libraries/frameworks) for implementing projects
- Keeping up with best practices and being a continual learner
- Working closely with Infrastructure architects to design scalable and cost-effective solutions
- Mentoring less experienced developers
- Working with local and remote teams to accomplish their intelligent feature goals
- Working side-by-side with cross-functional teams in their agile environment
- Identifying opportunities to improve and enhance our customers experience with our software
- Following Deployment and QA processes and best practices
- Practicing agile, clean software development
You will fit perfectly if you have the following:
- Strong software architecture understanding
- Desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of projects
- Strong focus on quality software engineering
- Enjoys learning new projects and codebases
- Strong understanding of distributed architectures is a bonus
- Ability to have fun!
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Healthy breakfast options every morning.
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth.
- Access to a virtual library of training material (O’Reilly Learning, Lynda.com, Oracle Learning, …)
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs.
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Board games, card games, video games, and donuts.
- Computer science or engineering degree (bachelor or above) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated recent experience with Machine Learning
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience with Java, Python, C++ and Web technologies
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Intimate and working understanding of modern API applications from database to endpoints
- Proficient communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to debug and understand large Java and SQL code base
- Strength and comfort in Unix systems
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.