Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft’s vision of intelligent communications providing a productivity pane for the modern workplace. We are the hub for teamwork and productivity for 115M daily users, cementing Microsoft Teams as the fastest-growing business application in Microsoft history.
We are creating a team in Vancouver of front-end and full-stack engineers whose work will enable small and medium businesses to be successful with Teams. This will include working with product managers and data scientists to understand roadblocks to their success and delivering features with a focus on usability. You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, collaborate with engineers across Microsoft Teams, and create designs that drive the success of tens of millions of customers.
Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds, thrive through teamwork, and are grounded in customer needs. The team collaboration space is going through rapid growth, allowing your work to reach tens of millions of users.
- We collaborate across Microsoft Teams to deliver features that help small businesses
- We take pride in building a reliable, capable, and usable product that enriches lives and enables success for millions of users
- We are passionate about both product and employee development
- You seek out opportunities to help millions of customers be successful
- You have a track record of software delivery and technical leadership
- You are passionate about reliability and usability
- You show artisanship and customer focus when creating solutions
- You learn continuously and help others grow
- You work effectively with people from other organizations and diverse perspectives
- Design and develop new capabilities in Teams targeted at the needs of small businesses
- Drive modern software engineering practices in design and code review
- Lead DevOps by example, resolve the most challenging operational issues and root cause to eliminate recurrence
- Develop best-in-class services using components that are well-defined, modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, testable, and actively monitored
- Design and develop for quality, performance, testability, reliability, and maintainability
- Collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive end-to-end user experience
- Mentor others within the team to help them be successful in their technical and career goals
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience
- 8+ years development experience
- Industry experience in full-stack or front-end systems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers
- Demonstrated delivery of high-quality full-stack code
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated effective change management at multiple levels in the business
- Data driven and customer focused
- React + GraphQL Experience
Final position level will be determined based on experience and expertise
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.