From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
As a Principal Product Developer in the Platinum Engineering Architecture team you will work with Customers, Support, and Development to ensure that BMC customers are achieving the full value realization of our products.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Critical Escalations
- Installation, Upgrade, and Migration Planning
- Architecture Reviews
- Best Practices
- Development of Tools, Utilities, and Customizations
- Field and Customer Enablement
- Technical Health Checks
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following technologies:
- Micro Service Architecture
- Cloud Computing technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Databases (MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Messaging Queues (Kafka)
- Source control and continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins)
- Configuration Management (Ansible)
- BMC Remedy
Additional required skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong networking including TCP, HTTP, REST, Web Services.
- Strong java programming skills
- Ability to work independently
Good to have skills:
- Ability to tune applications and systems for performance and scale
- Experience with security and secure engineering practices
- BS in Computer Science. MS Preferred.
- Overall 5+ years of development experience in Java technology.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Cloud Computing technologies.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page .