Who we are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, renters, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point – we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
At realtor.com we believe that everyone deserves a home.
To achieve our vision we’re building an Inclusive Design and Accessibility program. We need designers, researchers, content designers, and accessibility specialists who are passionate about creating meaningful experiences that are usable by everyone. This goal is big, but essential to our mission and our core values.
The Inclusive Design team will design and deliver customer-centered services, tools, guidelines, and processes from concept through implementation that ensure our product teams empathize with, understand, and ethically meet the unique needs of our underserved consumer audience, and support our customer service representatives.
As one of the first designers on the Inclusive Design team you will need to wear many hats; designer, facilitator, educator, consultant, writer, researcher, and advocate. However, wearing many hats doesn’t mean that we expect you to be an expert in all things or to be solving everything at once. Prioritization and collaboration will be key as the team will lean into each other’s complementary skills to succeed. Team members will have ample opportunity to lead and shine in their strength areas, and learn new skills from peers as they showcase theirs.
As Principal Designer on the Inclusive Design team you’ll partner with the Sr. Director to create and execute the vision of inclusive design and accessibility at realtor.com. You’ll design the education curriculum and teach multidisciplinary teams to ethically, accessibly, creatively, and collaboratively identify and solve problems. You’ll define guidelines, best practices, develop methods and toolkits, and provide mentorship and guidance. You’ll help conduct qualitative research, synthesize the data, and deliver user insights, behavioral archetypes, and behavioral segmentation to be utilized across the company.
- 15+ years working in the design industry
- 3+ years large group facilitation, in education, or training others
- 3+ years of providing design direction and mentoring to junior colleagues
- 2+ years relationship building at enterprise scale
- Expert or strong knowledge of conducting primary research, synthesizing data, and creating user insights
- Strong knowledge of digital accessibility and disability inclusion
- Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements related to design practices
- Expertise in creating experiences that reflects diversity and inclusion
- Expertise in using empathy, logic, and hard data to inform design choices
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Informed and strong opinions, loosely held
- A practitioner of inclusive, user-centric processes and design thinking principles
- Exemplifies a We, Not Me attitude
- Designs, prototypes, and delivers activities, toolkits, and education that make it possible for teams to learn and practice inclusive design thinking and deliver accessible products; If you’re not a strong practitioner of tools such as Sketch and Figma, you will be expected to assign and manage the appropriate team members in the execution of the deliverables
- Benchmark KPIs on the quality and effectiveness of education workshops and toolkits and iterate based on data and feedback
- Builds and nurtures relationships with designers, product managers, engineers, executives, workshop participants and other learning professionals; presents and communicates design objectives, concepts and executions to partners and stakeholders across the realtor.com
- Experience in Lean and Agile methods, activities, and iterative releases
- Large group facilitation; facilitates workshops, empathy exercises, or other with/for teams
- Partner with your team on qualitative research specifically focused on our underserved consumers or realtor.com employees
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.