Why Oracle NetSuite?
One word – transformation.
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. Oracle NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, the NetSuite Oracle business unit has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at Oracle NetSuite
At Oracle NetSuite we work hard, and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. Oracle NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
Oracle NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, apply.
We are seeking a Practice Manager for the Shared Resource Team.
The Shared Resource Team [SRT] is the development engine of Oracle NetSuite. We foster the professional development of our college graduate and veteran hires while inspiring a culture of collaboration, inclusiveness, community development and commitment to NetSuite’s future. Our career acceleration program builds well-rounded individuals by providing opportunities to develop business acumen and consulting skillsets while experiencing a variety of customers, industries and networks. The SRT provides opportunities for actionable analytics, cutting edge technology and functional configuration. Our consultants have purpose and help businesses transform how they operate and achieve their vision.
The Practice Manager has the primary responsibility to lead and build a world class team within the organization’s Shared Resource Team. This involves driving customer success and retention, leading to top line growth, client reference ability and profit. Key performance indicators include:
- Inspire, lead and develop our people
- Manage and drive retention
- Achieve above target hours and target utilization
- Drive process efficiency and optimization
- Partner with enabling groups; account management, sales, staffing, enablement and verticals
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to a large professional services team
- Manage performance management processes for the aligned professional services team
- Develop and drive strategic and operational plans for the practice through effective planning, communication and team leadership
- Attain revenue goals (through billable hours) and maximize professional service profitability through accurate forecasting and effective management of the cost center
- Manage client escalations
- Drive the continuous evolution of professional services through incorporation of best practices, consistent, high quality and repeatable solutions, and by building a strong professional services team and brand
- Collaborate with other groups and leaders to optimize processes related to project staffing, assessing and developing consultant skills
Preferred Qualifications/Skills include:
- 8+ years of experience relevant to this position; including 6 years of consulting experience and 2 years of project management / leadership experience, ideally for large consulting and/or software providers
- Experience with a Big 4 consulting firm or leading systems integrator or the professional services practice of a leading software firm is a plus
- An authentic, engaging and motivating leader who has led medium to large teams, effectively managed volume and scale, and generated significant annual revenue
- A track record of developing the skills and careers of direct reports
- Specific experience consulting to and/or working with medium to enterprise scale organizations
- Demonstrated success as a customer facing consultant; experience in translating customer business requirements into workable software solutions
- Experience implementing packaged enterprise application solutions such as NetSuite, Oracle, OpenAir, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards or Dynamics
- Proven customer engagement skills and track record of delivering, deploying and implementing large enterprise SaaS or cloud-based technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Formal project management methods experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed; up to 25%
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences-we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion. https://www.oracle.com/corporate/careers/culture/diversity.html
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An entry-level management position responsible for providing quality work products on customer engagements while managing a small team of consultants. Has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family.
Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Ensure that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Responsible for operational metrics and overall business results for area of responsibility. Provides coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Typically manages individual contributors. Demonstrates multiple business process expertise within one product family or technology solutions architect and design expertise for one technology product and understand cross stack impacts.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience and 1 year of engagement/team leadership experience. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.