Advanced Micro Devices
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Post-silicon System Design Engineer
Post-silicon System Management Unit Datacenter (SMU DC) team.
We are a cutting-edge hardware and firmware focused team engaged on leading Graphic Processing Units and Machine Intelligence Processing Units. The team is passionate in power and performance management on SOC with duties ranging from hardware and firmware design emulation, design validation, issue debugging, and silicon enablement to production.
The successful candidate will lead in power and performance feature design and development, work with hardware and firmware IP designers and architects, own power and performance hardware and firmware features, developing and delivering test plans, validation plans, enablement plans and executing silicon bring-up.
The successful candidate will also prototype exciting innovation ideas and designs towards next generation of computing technologies. In the ASIC life cycle, the right candidate will reach up to RTL, DV simulation and Emulation, own and execute on-silicon feature enablement and testing, and further down support ASIC production and yield.
Qualities desired for a successful candidate include mutually supportive team working, critical and deep thinking, relentless determination, leadership and managing skills, as well as execution and communicative skills.
- Develop and execute feature verification, enablement and test plans for SOC power and performance management features
- Develop firmware functions and features for embedded microcontrollers in C
- Debug, troubleshoot system-level issues related to power and performance features
- Prototype innovative ideas and designs
- Support test automation infrastructure and develop test scripts
- Proactively drive continuous improvement in all areas of activity
- 8+ years of working experiences in the semiconductor industry
- In-depth understanding of digital electronics and CMOS devices
- Expert in developing and debugging system hardware and software or firmware for embedded systems
- Experience with FPGA emulation for VLSI systems
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language, experience with programming in assembly is an asset
- Extensive laboratory experience, including familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Power, performance or thermal management experience would be helpful
- Security/cryptography experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and pronounced attention to details
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical/computer engineering or computer science
Markham, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 82183
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected] .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.