Vins Arterra Canada, division Québec, Inc.
At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do the same.
The National Portfolio Manager provides leadership of deep analytics to inform and optimize marketing and sales portfolio plans to drive company growth and profit. The National Portfolio Manager brings together analytics of consumption data including OTC metrics, basket analysis and shopper behavior in addition to internal financial metrics such as profitability and works with cross-functional teams towards optimizing strategies to deliver business goals.
He/she will develop and lead performance measure reporting, analytics and data visualizations to generate evidence and business insights to enable operational efficiency, optimal decision-making and targeted communications to stakeholders.
- Develop and socialize compelling data visualization reports that monitor and evaluate the ongoing results of the portfolio performance including volume, distribution trends and other data, to enable the Marketing teams to understand and effectively communicate Arterra brands and competitor’s performance and our opportunities for growth.
- Lead deep dive analytics to assess the impact of specific strategic and tactical initiatives and decisions on the portfolios. Identify and recommend adjustments to specific marketing or trade activities that are not driving the desired outcomes for the portfolio.
- Lead cross functional project teams (Marketing, Sales, Sales Strategy, Finance) to understand the opportunities for portfolio optimizations including white space identification to inform innovation, tail brand optimization strategies, competitive brand/portfolio reviews etc.
- Support Director of Portfolio Management and Marketing leadership in ensuring a deep and accurate assessment of business risks and opps for monthly Portfolio Review meetings as part of Arterra IBP process
- Support Marketing leadership in the development of portfolio performance reporting through compelling data visualization and analytic based storytelling for reporting to ELT and the BOD.
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
The table below details the minimum and preferred levels of education, experience, qualifications, certifications or designations required to complete the job.
- University Degree, preferably in Business/Marketing/ Analysis
- 5-7 years of experience in Category Management or related field, preferably within AC Nielsen or CPG
- Experience in interpreting and translating data to actionable insights to deliver tangible business results
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
- Deep understanding of consumption metrics (volumes, velocity, penetration, etc.) and the ability to standardize and draw comparisons across
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Strong data visualization skills
- Technical skill requirement (Advance/Intermediate Excel & Power BI, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.