Canada: Mastercard Technologies Canada ULC
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Platform Developer – NuData Security
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. At NuData, we offer a real-time product that analyzes user activity to detect and mitigate industrial-scale attacks from hackers on user logins, account creation, purchases and other transactional placements. We solve real world security challenges and mitigate threats for some of the largest technology, eCommerce, and financial institutions in the world, including members in the top 5 of the Fortune 500.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Platform Developer to join our Operations group in our Vancouver office.
– Are you happiest when you’re taking different pieces of infrastructure and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
– Would you like to design and build production quality infrastructure which is highly available and fault tolerant which will span our global footprint?
– Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stop hackers in their tracks?
About the Role
You will be a key member of our growing Operations group which is responsible for increasing service stability, responding to application insights, enhancing the deployment processes, and improving our scalability.
– Implement solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security while instrumenting services to provide high-quality insight into emerging issues.
– Manage, architect, and develop robust, self-healing systems from development to production.
– Refine and enhance the development and build process used within our teams to drive improvements to development efficiency.
– As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
– As an operator, you will manage colonies of servers across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases, and architecting self-healing infinitely scaling services.
All About You
A qualified candidate will be required to show proficiency in the following key areas:
– Demonstrated operations or software development experience in a professional development setting;
– Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing servers, databases, networks, and infrastructure on the cloud;
– Demonstrated DevOps knowledge: virtualization, security, availability, resiliency, redundancy, alerting, and monitoring;
– PHP experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language;
– Familiarity with DevOps concepts, such as security, availability, resiliency and redundancy and DevOps tools
– Strong problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis skills;
– Exceptional communication, both written and spoken;
– Bachelor of Computer Science, an equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience.
Helpful to have:
– Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams;
– Experience with AWS cloud services;
– An interest in fraud detection and security.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.