David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for an Intermediate Systems Analyst (PL/SQL).
- Communicate effectively with the team, team manager, and business customers.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Contribute and be accountable to the team’s activities and workload management as well as motivation.
- Work in a busy environment leveraging your time and prioritizing management skills.
- Maintain applications ensuring they are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (mainly PL/SQL) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues of various complexities.
- Gain and contribute to business knowledge and how IT can support their goals.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Perform systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepare documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Apply quality IT control standards.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At minimum a diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of progressive experience developing and designing implementations with small to large scale applications with data manipulation components preferably using PL/SQL or similar languages.
- 4+ years as a project or technical lead role in team and/or project initiatives demonstrating the ability to understand complex problems and to provide advise on solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL, Oracle forms and reports.
- Demonstrated leadership on taking ownership and responsibility of tasks seeing it start to end.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to write advanced, efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Applied knowledge of Oracle development tools.
- Proven experience in Object Oriented, Relational and UML methodologies.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Completion of Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd , Partner – Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-EDM