Health Match BC
Role and Facility Information
Interior Health’s Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist. We are looking for a knowledgeable Physiotherapist with experience in providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education to clients.
RIH is a 258-bed facility that serves as the referral centre for approximately 250,000 people. As a tertiary referral hospital, RIH is a no refusal centre with an Emergency Department that receives over 250 major trauma and 72,000 visits per year. A Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation, contributes to the overall goals of the profession and department; participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistant working with the rehabilitation team.
Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Leader, you will draw upon your ability to assess the client’s needs utilizing an evidence-based approach; establish the physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis to develop an outcome-focused intervention strategy; discuss the analysis with the client and relevant others; develop short and long term client goals; and select a practice model and/or intervention consistent with the client’s needs and goals to achieve optimal health outcomes.
This position is to provide coverage until August 2021, or the return of incumbent. Shifts will be scheduled during the Day on a rotating basis. An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. In addition to an attractive wage, we offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation.
At RIH Physiotherapists work in many areas of the hospital: Othro, Neuro, Medical Intensive, Cardiac ICU, Daycare Surgery, Oncology, Palliative, Stroke Medical, Emergency, and General Surgical. Apply today to join Interior Health’s RIH Physiotherapy team to work within a tertiary acute care hospital environment and within a highly functioning, fun, progressive Rehabilitation Team!
Community Profile: Kamloops is a vibrant city of 90,000, set on a vast landscape of sandstone canyons, grasslands and evergreen timberlands. Here you can enjoy all the amenities of a big city, while having eight provincial parks at your door step. Kamloops takes pride in its arts community and First Nations culture, represented in sites throughout the city, theatre events and music festivals. Come play a round at Tobiano golf course, spend the day fishing and kayaking or head up to Sun Peaks Four Season Resort for world class mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding. Blue skies with endless sunshine, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to work and play.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.