Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
Who you are
You are a creative problem solver and not afraid to tackle difficult problems. You have a strong math background and enjoy bringing physical simulations from concept to reality. You are passionate about video games and you love R&D and being at the cutting edge of gaming technology. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Work on physical simulations in a game engine
- Collaborate and communicate with teams in the studio and around the world
- Work in highly iterative processes and R&D
- Participate in the agile development process
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
What you bring
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we look for more than work experience, education or training alone. You have programming experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create.
We want to hear from people with:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Development experience with physics engines like Bullet, Havok, or PhysX
- 3D math skills
- Software optimization skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- Passion and excellent knowledge of video game mechanics
Any of the following would be useful:
- Interest in most aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful. • A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.